Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm back and here to stay

It's been a whirlwind lately and I have decided to rededicate myself to blog. Actually seeing that I never was faithful to start out with, this will be more of a dedication. The thing is that throughout the day, sometimes I think, "I should blog about ____,"but I never do.

Last Sunday morning Grani passed away from a 14 month battle with brain cancer. It has been sad, but we have been partying with lots of family. Her funeral was yesterday and it was incredible. If I become half of the woman she was, I will be happy. She loved to work and loved music. She used those two things as vehicles to become a better person. During the funeral, I understood with more clarity the importance of life and work. It has given me more direction in my life and I hope I can live up to Grani's standards. Grani, you are amazing and I love you!!!



On a brighter note, I have been in Las Vegas for a while. I went to the strip with my brother David, his wife Emily, her sister Sarah, and our cousin Maddy because it was Sarah's first time in Vegas. We had a blast the few hours we were there. The highlights were watching the fountain at the Bellagio and eating scrumptious crepes. OK, the crepes were a little pricey equaling the cost of our lunch, but it was well worth the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment